You can request STAP Budget for this programme.
Why join the masterclass Revitalising Your Sustainability Strategy?
What will you learn?
At the end of the masterclass you will:
- Know which specific Sustainable Development Goals are relevant for you and your organisation.
- Be able to formulate a stakeholder strategy for your organisation that balances economic and social objectives.
- Assess the sustainability positioning of your organisation’s products and/or services in relation to the competition
- (Re-)Evaluate your organisation’s business model in relation to sustainability. Re-examine your organisational and professional purpose.
- Learn new ways of “selling” sustainability inside your organisation.
- Have the results of a quick scan of your organisation’s ESG-performance.
This masterclass will take a pressure cooker approach: it is designed to be interactive and demands strong participation from you.
This masterclass is specifically designed for professionals already working on sustainability within businesses or governmental organisations who want to advance their understanding of strategy and sustainability.
Dates and fees
Dates: Spring edition: Wednesday 29 & Thursday 30 March 2023
Autumn Edition Wednesday 8 & Thursday 9 November 2023
Time: 09.00 - 17:00 Fee: €1,950*
*UvA alumni receive a 10% discount. Fees are VAT exempt.
You can request a STAP Budget for this programme. To be eligible for the subsidy of €1,000 you need a STAP registration certificate. To get this, tick the STAP Budget box in the application form above. Take into account that there are deadlines for registration and receiving the necessary STAP registration certificate.
Location: Amsterdam Business School Mode of study: Onsite masterclass Language: English Certification: You will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
- Arno Kourula: Associate Professor & Co-director of Sustainability Initiative, Amsterdam Business School. Areas of expertise: Corporate sustainability, cross-sector partnerships, environmental alliances.
- Michelle Westermann-Behaylo: Assistant Professor & Co-director of Sustainability Initiative, Amsterdam Business School. Areas of expertise: UN Sustainable Development Goals, business and human rights, responsible supply chains (particularly in developing countries).
- Martin de Jong: Sustainability Professional. Areas of expertise: Driving sustainability in corporate organisations, co-creating with NGOs and GOs and strategy based on Impact valuation.
- Pushpika Vishwanathan: Assistant Professor, Amsterdam Business School. Areas of expertise: corporate social responsibility, corporate governance, stakeholder management, strategic management.
Assistant Professor Pushpika Vishwanathan and ESG Consultant Martin de Jong explain how this masterclass is structured, why you should participate and what makes it unique.
Maria Masliy: 'Every part of the studying process is well-considered, starting from the communication before the masterclass starts and ending with the feedback collection.'
Sergio Dankerlui: 'The teachers of the masterclass have a lot of knowledge about the scientific background of sustainability topics. During the sessions, they combined this knowledge with practical cases, which served as a valuable baseline for the participants.'
Do you have questions about this or other open programmes? Please contact:
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)20 525 6134