You can request a STAP Budget for this masterclass.
What is this masterclass about?
During this masterclass you will learn about:
- The data lifecycle perspective on data governance.
- Data Quality (central for AI applications)
- Making sure data is correct, transparant and (re)usable.
- Understanding core technologies for data governance with respect to the modern data stack.
- AI applications for unstructured data.
- The relationship between machine learning and data governance.
- Key roles and areas of expertise that are needed to for data governance.
- Key approaches for deciding when to build or buy technology data governance.
Whom is this masterclass suitable for?
This masterclass is designed for professionals who are responsible for data or that are involved in decisions regarding data within an organization, such as CIOs, CTOs, CDOs, Managers Data Management, Enterprise Architects, Data Architects, Data Management Analysts, Data Product Owners, Data Stewards, and Product managers.
At the end of this masterclass you will know how to apply the learned techniques in your own work and have an idea or started to make a plan how to improve the data governance at your workplace.
More specifically, you:
• know how to use data governance to identify efficiencies and prioritize data acquisition.
• can prioritize which (AI) technology investments to make and whether to build or buy technology.
• will be able to decide on personal hiring and training plans for staff.
• will be able to speed time to market by enabling teams to find and use the data they need.
What makes this masterclass unique?
In addition to content about data governance for compliance, this masterclass will also provide insight into management structures and techniques for value creation. In particular, the role of Artificial Intelligence within different aspects of data governance will be discussed.
Paul Groth is Professor of Algorithmic Data Science at the University of Amsterdam where he leads the Intelligent Data Engineering Lab (INDElab). This lab works on intelligent systems that help people with the preparation, management, integration, and reuse of data. Groth is also the scientific director of the UvA Data Science Centre. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Southampton (2007) and has done research at the University of Southern California, the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Elsevier Labs.
Date: Thursday 2 November 2023
Mode of study: On site session
Location: Lab42, Science Park 900, Amsterdam
Price: €995,- (UvA alumni get a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt)
Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
Maximum number of participants: 25
Timetable of the day:
• 09:15 - 09:30: arrival
• 09:30 - 12:00: lecture & discussions
• 12:00 - 13:00: lunch
• 13:00 - 17:00: lecture & discussions
For this programme you can request a STAP-budget. To be eligible for the subsidy you need a STAP proof of enrolment. To get this, tick the STAP budget box in the application form. You can find more information about the STAP Budget here.
Do you have questions about this masterclass?
Please contact Liza Lambert, Project Manager Lifelong Learning (Informatics Institute)